1. Give credit where credit is due – Finding information and sharing good content is important on Twitter. There are people you can call good curators and RTing them will allow you to give credit to those who work hard at sharing the best info.
2. Connect people - We have found and met people who we have become good friends with because of a simple RT. When you RT someone you literally share them to people who follow you. You connect others with the same interest on certain topics.
3. Break the ice - When we were new on Twitter, we were both afraid to just converse with someone because we were natural introverts, but again with a simple RT you open the way for that person to notice you and talk with you on stream. RTing breaks the ice.
4. Sharing is caring - One person on Twitter we both love is @iconic88 he always reminds us that sharing is caring. RTing is also a way for you to show your appreciation for someone. An appreciation for a well written post or a good information or breaking news.
. SEO - Social media is a great way to boost your searchability and online presence. ReTweeting allows you not only to share great information with your followers, but increase your visibility in search engines. Retweeting also helps the originator of the tweet increase their visibility too. It’s a true “win-win!”
6. Make your thoughts heard – By adding your opinion on a tweet before you re-share allows you to show that you agree or disagree with a particular opinion or quote. Remember we only have 140 characters to work with. RTing is a great way to be heard.
7. Build relationships - Both of us have been enjoying our experience on Twitter because we have built connection and friendships because we have learned the power of reciprocity. We both connected on Twitter because we in someway or another was ReTweeted and that started our friendship and now a very strong partnership.
Read the Full posting - http://ow.ly/6vWE7